Make Valentine Bookmarks
With one week left until Valentine’s Day, we thought we’d offer an idea for easy DIY Valentine bookmarks. These bookmarks are pretty… and pretty useful, too. They are fantastic, small Valentines gifts for kids and just as precious for the teachers.
Making Valentines Bookmarks
You will need…
*Ribbon- We used ¾” to 1” wide ribbon. (But you can use any width ribbon you like)
*Tags- use our free downloadable tags!
*Paper for printing tags
*Stapler or glue dots
How to create Valentine Bookmarks
1. Begin by cutting the ribbon into 12 inch lengths.
2. Next, make two pom-poms for each ribbon. Get the pompom how-to here.
3. Before trimming the ends of the yarn that you have used to secure the pom-pom, place one end of the ribbon in the center of the pom-pom and tie a secure knot around it with the yarn.
4. Do the same to the other end of the ribbon, then trim the pom-poms.
5. Print or make tags
6. Attach a tag to the ribbon with a stapler or glue dot.
That’s it. These Valentines bookmarks are so simple, but are just a precious way to say Happy Valentine’s Day. These make great (sugar-free) gifts for the kids to give their classmates and teachers. They are truly easy enough for a child to create themselves. Younger children may need a bit of help with tying and stapling. They are also great gifts to give your students… if you are a teacher.
Steal away a few minutes to craft these darling Valentine bookmark gifts. Make one for yourself, too! Spread the love of reading.